Friday, July 22, 2011

July Club Project

I really wanted to use my new stamp set My Friend when I started working on July Stamp Club projects. I pulled out some beautiful card stock, Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Poppy Parade to start out. After a few short minutes I had this card. I just kept staring at it and thinking, hmmm... what can I change? I wasn't completely satisfied with the card and wanted to do something a little different.

I looked around my desk and saw one of my new items. The Color Spritzer tool, now this isn't a new item in the catalog but I just recently purchased it. I thought to my self what can I do to use this on my card? I got this bright idea to ink up the floral image in Pool Party and then spritz it with the Island Indigo. In all honesty I sprayed a few times with no luck of any ink coming out. So I kept spritzing and finally I saw the ink land on my stamp. After I was finally finished I stamped the image again and to my surprise I got a water color look. I don't know if anyone has already done this technique or if it has some fancy name for it but I loved the results.

So here is my card. I did change up the design a little bit from the original card but it is all the same pieces and colors as the first card. I displayed both cards at club and let the ladies chose which card they wanted to make. I will have to try my new technique again with some other colors and see what I come up with.

I hope to have inspired someone today to try this.

No comments: