Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Inspired

I love being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. When I started over five years ago I was married but had no children so playing with my stamps was pretty easy. Now that I have a two year old and a 7 month old it is pretty tricky. Now I have little hands that are grabbing my stuff and Malachi doesn't think spending hours in my craft room is all that fun. So for now I work around my husbands work schedule, nap time, and late nights to get my stamping done.

I wouldn't dream of giving up being a demonstrator or this as a hobby but sometimes my creativity is all gone by the time I sit down to create. That is when I am very thankful for the many other demonstrators that share their work on Stampin' Connection. Sometimes I case cards and other times it inspires me and I end up creating something completely different all together.

Last week as I sat in my stamp room and was trying to work on cards for my stamp class, I was feeling very uninspired so I looked around at some blogs and online forums and ended up using one of Mary Fish's creations as inspiration for my own card. This card is very similar to hers but yet a little different. After I created my cards I felt a little more inspired. I am thankful to have found this hobby and business because it has led me to many new friendships and makes me feel creative.

I hope you are inspired today.

Items Used:
Stamps- Summer Smooches
Ink: Lucky Limeade & Tangerine Tango
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Die, Scallop Rectangle die, Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeade

No comments: