Monday, January 17, 2011

Tempting Turquoise Valentine

Like I said in my last blog post I wanted to make a Valentine card that wasn't in the traditional Red and Pink. I chose Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso, and Whisper White.

I had decided on using the I Heart Hearts Stamp Set and the I Love Love Jumbo Wheel but in the end I tried a second card with the Valentine Defined Stamp Set too. So you get to see both cards, very much the same except for the focal image. I also used some Early Espresso ribbon. Ribbon is one of those staples, I love ribbon on my cards and my scrapbook pages. I guess that is why I own so many spools of ribbon. It is that or my obsession with buying all that I can buy for this hobby.

It was actually nice to sit down and stamp for fun this weekend instead of stamping because I had a class or club meeting coming up. Good thing these cards didn't take me long because Malachi got fussy and it was time to put him to bed. I wish I would of had the energy to stay up late and stamp but Malachi hasn't been sleeping very well so I have been trying to go to bed when he does so I can get as much sleep as possible. He is an early riser so there is no luck when it comes to sleeping in on my days off. My life is different then it use to be but I love it all the same.

Well I am off to do some stamping since I decided to have a card class this weekend. I'm hoping that there are some people that are able to make it this Saturday. If you plan on coming don't forget to R.S.V.P.

No comments: