Sunday, February 27, 2011

Friends 24-7

One thing you will notice about yesterday's, today's, and tomorrow's post is that they all have Basic Black & Very Vanilla. They also all have the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder for a background.

For this particular card I ended up adding Cherry Cobbler. I even used my blender pens to color the leaves and stem Basic Black. I hope that isn't to morbid.

When I was making yesterday's card, I thought I wonder if it would look better if I use some ink on the embossed image. Well I got ink all over the wrong areas and it looked horrible so I tossed this piece aside and finished my card with another embossed piece. I almost threw this piece in the trash but then I got out my brayer and I turned the piece over to the debossed side and I added the Basic Black ink. I really like it, it looks so elegant. I guess I was in a recycle mood because I had originally tied the bow for another card that I changed my mind on. So it was sitting on my desk so I grabbed it and added it to this card.

I rarely take the time to tie bows, I usually just tie a knot but I love the bow. Well I have one more card from my Friday night stamping so I'll be back tomorrow to share.

6 comments:

Starla said...

Very pretty, not morbid at all!! I love your bow, I can struggle longer in trying to make a bow than I take making the actual card!

Nicole Watt said...

Hi Rose - Just wanted to share that I've given you the Stylish Blogger Award! I love your creativity, and your vintage style!!! Beautiful job with the brayering on this one... Stop by my blog to get more details (http://www.impressionsbynicole.com)

Dale Morin said...

Great cards. It's hard to decide which I like better, brayering the embossed or debossed sides. Both look great. TFS

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just love how you are showcasing this stamp set with this rich mix of color! Very, very beautiful! :)

Sherry Bueche said...

Love this look! The debased side is just as pretty.

Frances Kukulis said...

Rose this is a wonderful card. Love the color, texture combinations!!! So beautiful.