Thursday, April 19, 2012

Corner Bookmark Smooches

About a month ago, my friend Olivia texted and asked me to make a corner bookmark so she would have a sample to follow. I of course said I would do it but up until this week I still hadn't done it. My intentions were good but I just hadn't had the time to do it at a decent hour and I didn't have the energy to stay up late to work on it. So on Monday night I was determined to make one but laid down with Malachi to put him to sleep and then I woke up and it was 2 AM. I got up and changed into my pjs and went back to bed. So all morning Tuesday I kept thinking I need to squeeze this in today so I could use it as a make and take at my SU! demonstrator meeting that evening.

So finally when the kids were down for a nap and I had gotten a few things done around the house I crept into my craft room and started creating but then Kaiden woke up. I put his bouncer in my craft room near my desk and all was well so back to creating I went until I heard "Mom?" Malachi was awake. He came into my craft room and I thought I'm never going to get this done but to my surprise Malachi was content to play on my stool so I kept creating. I did have to take the scissors, glue, and paper cutter away from him at different points but for the most part he did well with just spinning on the stool.

I ended up with one failed attempt at a bookmark and then I started on this one. I am much more happy with this bookmark than my first one. I love it when all of a sudden my creativity flows and I love what I made. After I made this I quickly cut my supplies for my make and take and then the boys and I moved over to the family room to read a book. I guess these are the adventures of a crafty mom.

So if you have a toddler in your home, I hope you find time to craft soon.

5 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Love your bookmark.

Deborah Smart said...

Hi Dale! I love this bookmark - I have yet to make my own (it's on my to-do list!) I'm your newest follower from SC! - hope you'll pop by & visit me sometime! ~Deb
stampandcreatewithdeborah.blogpspot.com

Shari Winterstein said...

Great bookmark! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

Love your fancy bookmarks. They are very pretty and would make a wonderful gift for my book-loving friends. Thanks for sharing your project. Just became a follower and hope you'll stop to visit and follow me too. www.stampandscrapwithbrenda.blogspot.com

Patti said...

Such a pretty bookmark. Makes me want to start a book just so I could use it.