Saturday, February 20, 2016

Dear Friend

The Bloomin' Hearts stamp set has got to be one of my all time favorites out of this year's Occasion Catalog. I have stamped with it more than any other stamp set I've purchased lately.

I stamped the flower image and colored it with Blushing Bride and an aqua painter. I used old Olive for the leaves. After I was all finished I decided to fussy cut the image. That took a little bit but it was worth it. I stamped the dear friend in basic black on a circle from my circle framelits and then matted it with a larger circle from my framelits. The flower is popped up with some dimensionals.

I knew I wanted a white background with small black polka dots but I didn't have any DSP like that so I looked through my stamps and didn't really find what I was looking for, then I realized I could use the small stamp from this set to create my background. I stamped it about 50 times but it was worth it! I matted it onto basic black card stock and then I added the strip of Blushing Bride and some Whisper White Cotton Ribbon.

I love the way this card came out, now I just need to send it to a dear friend.

No comments: