Thursday, February 18, 2016

Get Well Soup

It is flu season and if you are like me, you probably know a few people that have come down with that nasty bug, so why not make them something cute.

I originally saw something similar created by fellow demonstrator, Pam Steckman and knew I needed to case the idea.

These craft bags are so convenient for many ideas and occasions. Although they were a little longer than the packet of soup and I wanted my soup packet to stick out just a little. This caused a little delemia because I didn't want to cut off the top and loose the decorative edge, I could have used my Treat Bag Thinlits to create one but I was being lazy, and then I got an idea.... Cut off the bottom!

So I did just that, I cut a little off the bottom and scored about 1/2 inch up, folded in the edges, and glued it down with my tear tape. Problem solved.

I used a strip of lost lagoon for a belly band and added an embossed piece of whisper white to the bag. After that I stamped and colored my image. I decided I didn't like the black heart on the front of my bowl so I punched a circle to cover it up and then punched a heart in lost lagoon and popped it up on the circle. After that I decided it needed a little something more so I colored the heart with my clear Winka Stella. It adds the perfect sparkle! I love the Winka Stella, if you haven't purchased any, you must add it to your next order!!!

Well that's all for today, see you next time.

No comments: