Monday, March 28, 2011

Non-Blue Project

I said I would be back a couple of days ago but Friday was gloomy and cold so most of the day I was a bum. I did need to make a couple of cards for a baby shower so I eventually got around to creating and I was determined to make a project that didn't have any of my favorite blues in it. That ended up being harder than I had originally anticipated because the shower was for a baby boy. Saturday and Sunday passed in a blurr and here we are, it is Monday.

I decided on So Saffron and Chocolate Chip for the colors and I used two stamps that I got for free during Sale-A-Bration, Baby Steps & A-Z. These stamps are single stamps sold in the Main Idea Book & Catalog. I just adore those elephants! There is only a few days left to earn Sale-A-Bration sets, let me know if you want to place an order.

I had to make a second card for my mom. I decided to go ahead and use blue on this card, I was trying to match the gift bag. HeeHeeHee! I guess I just couldn't do it! Well the bag had an adorable little puppy on it so I got out a retired stamp set for this one. My love for polka-dots came through on this card. I punched several 1" circles and attached them to the card front. Punched more circles for the main image and here we are. Oh, besides the sentiment. I used the Word Window and the Modern Label punches. The colors are Marina Mist, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso.

No comments: