Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Petal Cone Again

It's the Petal Cone die again. I've said it before, I really love this die. I've just found so many great things to do with it. It's always great to realize that I didn't just buy a product that I will rarely use. Believe me when I say I have plenty of those items.

I began paper crafting in 2004 after I got married. At that point I bought so much stuff, some of the stuff I really didn't even know what to do with it. I guess I have a problem, an obsessive compulsive need to have, buying problem. In March of 2007 I became a SU! demo and since I love the fact that all their paper and ink coordinate, I just had to have it all. So when you add up the past 7 years of purchasing craft stuff, you can imagine that there has been numerous items that I bought and then realized that I could have lived without them.

Just before Malachi was born I had to get things cleaned out and I donated a lot of stuff to my sister's school. Some stuff I'd never even opened the packages. The other thing that happened with the arrival of Malachi was I realized I didn't want to work full time anymore. That sure did cut into my crafting budget, although it is well worth it! So over the past year I have definitely made my purchases more wisely.

So I said all that to say this, the petal cone has been a good investment for me.

Now to actually tell you about the project, This time I cut part of the bottom of the cone, this shape looks more like a take out box. I used the Sale-A-Bration Bliss Stamp Set, Fun Flowers die, First Edition DSP, and Baja Breeze Seem Binding Ribbon. I filled the box with some chocolate and now all I have to do is deliver it to someone special.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Very pretty box. I cut one out yesterday while I had my Petal Cone Die out and now I just need to decorate it. You are right this die is a great investment and has so many uses. If you have a Big Shot you need this die!

Brenda Keenan said...

Hi Rose! How are you keeping the top closed? Is it tied with the ribbon? Very pretty!

MarĂ­a said...

Beautiful Box and the flower too!

Rose Castillo said...

Brenda,
The box is held closed with the ribbon.

Renee said...

beautiful box, i love the color you chose! And the printed part of the flower. hugz n blessings.