Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August Big Shot Club

Join this months Big Shot Club and receive the Strips Embossing Folder.

Club Fee is $13.00
Club Date: August 18th

At this months club we will be making this adorable card using your new embossing folder.

Make sure to RSVP by Aug. 11 with your payment.

Just a little more about this card and its details, I used a new stamp set called Creative Elements. I stamped the flower three times and then cut out different layers and stacked them on top of each other using dimensionals to give it depth. I also did something I had never done before and that was brayering on my embossing folder. I inked up my brayer with Island Indigo and then applied it directly onto the embossing folder. I then put my card stock in the folder and ran it through my Big Shot.

I love the way the colors Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, and Rich Razzleberry look together.

I mentioned yesterday that I hadn't been creating lately and I had been in a rut. When I first sat down I had no idea what I was going to make so I chose a stamp set and stared at it for a little while then I pulled out my color coach so that I could stare at all the beautiful colors and see if any of them popped out at me. I ended up using this suggested color combo from the color coach. I just love that tool!

I am pretty pleased with my card and hopefully this has jump started my creativity.

No comments: